Baptism, the Eucharist, and the sacrament of Confirmation together constitute the “sacraments of Christian initiation,” whose unity must be safeguarded. It must be explained to the faithful that the reception of the sacrament of Confirmation is necessary for the completion of baptismal grace. For “by the sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Hence they are, as true witnesses of Christ, more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed.” Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1285
CONFIRMATION AT ST. PETER
We are here to guide, teach, and support you and as your child prepares for the sacraments. It is essential to keep in mind that the Church has always considered parents to be the primary educators in the work of forming their children’s faith. Please contact Justyna Baustert, Director of Evangelization and Catechesis for guidance and materials as you prepare your child for the sacrament of reconciliation.
St. Peter’s offers a two year sacramental preparation program for children- 2nd graders may be enrolled in classes that are offered on Sunday mornings. Program registration is open in the summer. Classes begin in September and sacraments are received in the spring.
CONFIRMATION PREPARATION PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- A child must be baptized. A copy of the certificate must be on file with the parish office.
- Attend the weekly sacramental preparation program.
- Each child is required to complete the Confirmation Preparation materials with their parents.
- Children and their parents are expected to attend Mass each Sunday and Holy Days of Obligation.
- Parent(s) must attend one class during each month of the sacramental preparation program.
If your child is not baptized Catholic and is 7 or older, please visit our RCIA page.
For more information: